Effective Date: July 21, 2021
In order to use our Services, we will collect from you, your building management agent or applicable committee the following information about you (hereinafter the “Personal Data”):
- Contact information, such as given and family name, email, phone number;
- Identifiers for access to our Services, such as username, password, account number;
- Login times to our system;
- Payment information and payments history;
- Ownership, rental or any use of buildings units;
- Board package, including any financial records and other screening information contained therein;
- Profile picture (optional);
- Your communications with Daisy, such as your requests for customer support;
- Information about your usage such as IP addresses, browser type, date/time stamp and clickstream data;Information that we obtain from other sources, including service providers and other third party vendors;
- Information collected by our building management staff (“Property Managers”) in the course of carrying out the Services.
- Any other information submitted by you, including any documents uploaded to the App or our website, or provided by you to the Property Managers.
Use of Data
We use your Personal Data as necessary for the performance of our Services; for complying with applicable law; and based on our legitimate interests in maintaining and improving our Services and offerings, understanding how our Services are used, optimizing our marketing, customer service and support operations, and protecting and securing our users, ourselves and members of the general public.
Specifically, we use Personal Data for the following purposes:
- To facilitate, operate, and provide our Services;
- To authenticate the identity of our users, and to allow them to access and use our Services;
- To provide our users with assistance and support;
- Create and provide better and improved Services;
- To contact our users with general or personalized service-related messages (such as password-retrieval or billing); or with promotional messages (such as newsletters, special offers, new features etc.); and to facilitate, sponsor and offer certain events and promotions;
- To support and enhance our data security measures, including for the purposes of preventing and mitigating the risks of fraud, error or any illegal or prohibited activity;
- To create aggregated statistical data, inferred non-personal data or anonymized or pseudonymized data (rendered non-personal), which we or our business partners may use to provide and improve our respective services;
- To comply with any applicable laws and regulations
Data Retention and Location
We keep our users’ Personal Data for as long as their account is active or as we consider necessary for the purposes described in this Policy. We keep visitors’ Personal Data for as long as we reasonably need it in order to maintain and expand our relationship further and to provide them with our Services.
We will also keep and use such Personal Data for as long as is required in order to comply with our legal and contractual obligations, or to protect ourselves from any potential disputes (i.e., as required by laws applicable to records and bookkeeping; in order to have proof and evidence concerning our relationship or our users’ use of our Services, including any recordings uploaded by them, should any legal issues arise following their discontinuance of use).
Please note that unless required by applicable law, we will not be obligated to retain your data for any particular period and therefore, we are free to securely delete it for any reason and at any time, with or without notifying you. If you have any questions about our data retention policy, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your Personal Data may be maintained, processed and stored by Daisy and our authorized affiliates and Service Providers in the United States of America, Israel and/or any other countries as might be necessary for the proper delivery of our Services, or as may be required by law. In particular, the Company may use Firebase Authentication (“Firebase”) ****in order to facilitate signing into the Service through a one-time code sent via SMS to your phone. Phone numbers provided for authentication will be sent and stored by Google to improve its spam and abuse prevention across Google services, including but not limited to Firebase.
We might share your Personal Data with the following third parties for the following respective purposes:
- Subsidiaries and Affiliated Companies: We share Personal Data internally within our family of companies, for the purposes described in this Policy. In addition, should Daisy or any of its affiliates undergo any change in control or ownership, including by means of merger, acquisition or purchase of its assets, or will be found eligible for a governmental grant, your Personal Data may be shared with the parties involved in such event.
- Service Providers: We may engage with certain third party entities and individuals for the performance of services that are complementary to our Services and/or facilitate, or support our Services (for example, hosting and server co-location services, data analytics services, marketing and advertising services, data and cyber security services, fraud detection and prevention services, payment processing services, e-mail and SMS distribution and monitoring services, session recording, and our business, legal and financial advisors) (collectively, “Service Providers”). These Service Providers may have access to your Personal Data, depending on each of their specific roles and purposes in facilitating and enhancing our Services, and may only use it for such purposes. In this regard we refer you the description of how we may use Firebase, as described in the last paragraph in the Section titled “Data Retention and Location”.
- Government / Law Enforcement Officials: in response to a subpoena, search warrant or court order (or similar requirement), or in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations. Such disclosure or access may occur if we believe in good faith that we are legally compelled to do so and solely to the extent that we believe is strictly necessary to comply, or that disclosure is appropriate in connection with efforts to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding actual or suspected illegal activity, fraud, or other wrongdoing.
- Protecting Rights and Safety: We may share your Personal Data with others if we believe in good faith that this will help protect the rights, property or personal safety of Daisy, any of our users or any members of the general public.
- Other: We may share your Personal Data in additional manners, pursuant to your explicit approval, or if we are legally obligated to do so, or we have successfully rendered such data non-personal and anonymous. We may transfer, share or otherwise use non-personal and anonymous data in our sole discretion and without the need for further approval.
Cookies Web Beacons and Similar Technologies
We and others may use a variety of technologies to collect information about your device and use of our websites and mobile applications, for the purposes of providing you with the Services, performance monitoring and marketing. These technologies include cookies, web beacons, java scripts, entity tags, and HTML local storage. Most web browsers can be programmed to accept or reject the use of some or all of these technologies, although you must take additional steps to disable or control other technologies.
- Cookies – Cookies are small data files that are sent from a website’s server and are stored on your device’s hard drive either for only the duration of your visit ("session cookies") or for a fixed period ("persistent cookies"). Cookies contain information that can later be read by a web server.
- Web Beacons – Web beacons are small, transparent images that are embedded in web pages, applications, and emails that are sometimes called “clear gifs," “single pixel gifs", "page tags" or “web bugs." We use web beacons to track the web pages you visit, to test the effectiveness of our marketing, and to find out if an email has been opened and acted on.
- Java Scripts – Java scripts are code snippets embedded in various parts of websites and applications that facilitate a variety of operations including accelerating the refresh speed of certain functionality or monitoring usage of various online components.
- Entity Tags - Entity Tags are HTTP code mechanisms that allow portions of websites to be stored or “cached" within your browser and validates these caches when the website is opened, accelerating website performance since the web server does not need to send a full response if the content has not changed.
- HTML5 Local Storage – HTML5 local storage allows data from websites to be stored or “cached" within your browser to store and retrieve data in HTML5 pages when the website is revisited.
- Service Communications: we may contact you with important information regarding our Services. For example, we may notify you (through any of the means available to us) of changes or updates to our Services, billing issues, service changes, reports, password-retrieval notices, etc. You will not be able to opt-out of receiving such service communications.
- Notifications and Promotional Communications: we may send you notifications concerning messages and other updates in your user account. We may also send you notifications about new features, offerings, events and special opportunities or any other information we think our users will find valuable. We may provide such notices through any of the contact means available to us (e.g. SMS or e-mail), through the Services, or through our marketing campaigns on any other sites or platforms.
If you wish not to receive such promotional communications, you may notify Daisy at any time by e-mailing us at email@example.com or by following any instructions contained in the promotional communications you receive, if any.
In order to protect your Personal Data held with us and our Service Providers, we are using industry-standard physical, procedural and electronic security measures. However, please be aware that regardless of any security measures used, we cannot and do not guarantee the absolute protection and security of any Personal Data stored with us or with any third parties.
Data Subject Rights
If you wish to exercise any right you may have with regards to your Personal Data under laws applicable to Daisy’s processing of your Personal Data, for example to request access to, rectification, portability or deletion of your Personal Data, to restrict it from being further processed or to object to specific types of processing, all as applicable under the law, or any other right that you may have - please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Children’s Privacy
Protecting the privacy of the very young is especially important. For that reason, we never collect or maintain information at our website from those we know are under 13, and no part of our website is structured to attract anyone under 13. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
Updates and amendments: We may need to update this Policy. We will post all revisions, along with their effective dates. We recommend that you check this page every so often to make sure you’re familiar with the latest Policy. We will ask for your consent to this Policy changes if required by applicable law; in other cases, please note that your continued use of the Service after any change means that you agree with, and consent to be bound by, the new Policy.
External links: While our Services may contain links to other websites or services, we are not responsible for their privacy practices, and encourage you to pay attention when you leave our Services and to read the privacy policies of each and every website and service you visit. This Policy applies only to our Services.
Questions, Concerns or Complaints: If you have any comments or questions about this Policy or if you have any concerns regarding your privacy, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
General, Governing Law and Jurisdiction: We reserve the right to discontinue or modify any aspect of the Services at any time. This Policy, together with our Terms of Service and any other legal notices published by us on our website and in the App, shall constitute the entire agreement between us concerning the Services. If any provision of this Policy is deemed invalid by a court of competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of such provision shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions of this Policy, which shall remain in full force and effect, provided, however, that in such event this Policy shall be interpreted so as to give effect, to the greatest extent consistent with, and permitted by, applicable law, to the meaning and intention of the excluded provision as determined by such court of competent jurisdiction.
This Policy shall be governed by the laws of the State of New York, without respect to its conflict of laws principles. We each agree to submit to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction of the courts located in the State of New York, and waive any jurisdictional, venue, or inconvenient forum objections to such courts.
These terms of service will be updated as necessary from time to time.