About The role
We’re expanding at lightning speed, and we are looking for great people to join us. As Director of Accounting, you'll be part of a brand new and innovative type of property management. You’ll play a significant role in shaping the financial foundations of Daisy – processes, financial software, and infrastructure. You’ll help us build the future of financial infrastructure to run healthy buildings. About the role:
- Full ownership of all aspects of property and asset accounting of our US portfolio.
- Lead all accounts payable, accounts receivable, bank reconciliations, complex journal entries, capital contributions, capital distributions, equity schedules, budget planning, income/loss allocations, and all appropriate accounting accruals and deferrals.
- Supervise the payroll processes for on-site staff (1099 and full-time employees)
- Assist with ad-hoc projects as necessary.
- 5+ years of experience as an accountant in the real estate industry (asset or residential property management preferred)
- Knowledge of assets, cash balance, and availability of funds for projects and cash flow management for capital improvements
- Solid understanding of US GAAP, general accounting processes, internal controls, financial analysis tools, and techniques
- Experience with real estate accounting software
- Experience with Buildium, Yardi, or AppFolio - advantage
- Ability to stay organized with a wide variety of tasks and impressive attention to detail
- Ability and eagerness to learn quickly and work in a vibrant startup environment
- Experience and interest in creating and implementing smart processes for effectively, and efficiently managing the finances across our entire, rapidly growing portfolio
- Positive attitude and passion for numbers
- CPA certification, MBA, or related work experience preferred.
Daisy is a tech-driven, residential building management company, on a mission to help people live their best building lives. We are changing how "property management" is done, using our building operating system to bring building life into the 21st century. We are looking for people who want to make an impact on people's everyday lives, and how they live together. If you're caring, have a positive attitude, and have a customer-centric mindset, we'd love to hear from you.