As our first Data hire, this is a senior position - reporting directly to our Co-Founder & CTO.
About the Role
As a tech-forward property management company Daisy is generating & aggregating some of the most unique data points in our industry. Our data varies from real-estate and consumer data to building information, financial transactions, and various product and growth analytics events.
As our first data hire, you will need to want to lead and build from scratch. A perfect hire will have one leg in analysis and insights and one leg in data engineering and modeling.
- Build a phenomenal data culture at Daisy. Be an advocate for data consistency and accuracy, and actively promote the culture and structure of a true data-driven company.
- Set the cornerstone for Daisy’s data infrastructure, and be the focal point for analysis, reporting, forecasting, and everything BI-related.
- Work closely with operations, finance, product managers, engineers, and CX to solve complex problems and drive business decisions.
- Develop key performance metrics for the business, and be responsible for data visualization and decision making.
- Provide insights that will shape the company’s objectives and strategy.
- 6+ years being part of a fantastic data group in a data-driven company: either on the analysis or engineering sides.
- 3+ years leading data products end to end (from sources to BI).
- 2+ years of experience as a Data Engineer or BI developer with direct expertise in NoSQL and SQL (e.g., Redshift/Postgres/MySQL), data modeling, data warehousing, and building ELT/ETL pipelines.
- Good Python or other backend programming language development experience
- Experience working with cloud environments (AWS preferred) and big data technologies (EMR, EC2, S3, Snowflake, Spark, Hive, Airflow)
- Experience with different data and statistical analysis techniques.
- Background in Web Analytics tools and A/B testing is an advantage, as is prior experience in defining & analyzing client events.
- Strong attention to detail, including precise and effective English communication - a must.
- Someone who enjoys learning is self-motivated and can switch domains as the company's needs evolve.
- BS or MS degree in Economics, Computer Science, Industrial engineering, or a related technical field - An advantage