This is our first Senior Data hire, reporting directly to our Co-Founder & CTO.
About the Role
As a tech-forward property management company Daisy is generating & aggregating some of the most unique data points in our industry. Our data varies from customer profile data to building information, financial transactions, and all kinds of product and growth analytics events.
- Set the cornerstone for Daisy’s data infrastructure, and be the focal point for analysis, reporting, forecasting, and everything BI-related.
- Work closely with operations, finance, product managers, engineers, and CX to solve complex problems and drive business decisions.
- Develop key performance metrics for the business, and be responsible for visualization design and implementation.
- Provide insights that will shape the company’s objectives and strategy.
- Be an advocate for data consistency and accuracy, and actively promote the culture and structure of a true data-driven company.
- 4+ years of experience as a Data Engineer or BI developer with direct experience in NoSQL and SQL (e.g., Redshift/Postgres/MySQL), data modeling, data warehousing, and building ELT/ETL pipelines
- 3+ years of experience in scalable data architecture, fault-tolerant ETL, and monitoring of data quality in the cloud
- 2+ years of Python or other backend programming language development experience
- Experience working with cloud environments (AWS preferred) and big data technologies (EMR, EC2, S3, Snowflake, Spark, Hive, Airflow)
- Experience with different data and statistical analysis techniques.
- Background in Web Analytics tools and A/B testing is an advantage, as is prior experience in defining & analyzing client events.
- Strong attention to detail, including precise and effective English communication - a must.
- Someone who enjoys learning, is self-motivated, and has the ability to switch domains as the needs of the company evolve.
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or a related technical field - An advantage